WSU Washington’s Water: WSU publications, programs, training, research, and information.
WSU Drought Alert Website: Up to date information about Washington’s drought.
Oil Spill Reporting Coast Guard; Best practice is to call both: State: 1-800-424-8802 • Federal: 1-800-OILS911
Encyclopedia of Puget Sound: Habitat classifications for the shorelines of Puget Sound and the Washington coast.
Hood Canal Coordinating Council: Protecting and enhancing Hood Canal’s environmental and economic health.
Northwest Indian Fisheries Commission: Supporting treaty Indian tribes in western Washington with information about fisheries, water quality and watershed issues.
Northwest Straits Commission: Focusing on restoration and protection of waters in the Northwest Straits.
- Puget Sound Marine Resources Committees: Implementing marine conservation projects around Puget Sound.
- Coastal Marine Resource Committees: Implementing marine conservation projects in coastal areas of Washington.
Puget Sound Partnership: Leading the recovery of Puget Sound.
- County Conservation Districts: Helping landowners do conservation projects.
Washington Department of Ecology: Protecting water quality and resources statewide.
Washington Department of Fish and Wildlife: Fishing and shellfishing licensing, wildlife management and conservation.
- Regional Fisheries Enhancement Groups (RFEG): Opportunities for getting involved in salmon recovery.
Washington Department of Health: Overseeing health issues related to drinking water, shellfish and beach safety
Washington Department of Natural Resources: Managing 2.6 million acres of aquatic lands, balancing public benefits.
Washington Sea Grant: Providing research, education and outreach on marine issues
Washington State Parks: Boating safety, training and licensing.
Washington Stormwater Center: Resources for municipalities, businesses, and professionals about stormwater management, research and technologies.
US Environmental Protection Agency: Providing information about water across the nation.
- EPA Region 10, Pacific Northwest – Providing information from the federal government for our region.
US Geologic Service: Extensive information about Washington’s rivers and streams, ground water, water quality, and more.
Marine Mammal Conservancy – Raises awareness on the negative impact of littering to marine life