Harvesting Fish & Shellfish

DSCF5157 copy

Before you head out to clam, crab, fish, or collect seaweed for personal consumption, you must have the correct license with the appropriate catch cards. These are available at your local authorized license sales location, or directly from Washington Department of Fish and Wildlife fishhunt.dfw.wa.gov/ . There are different annual licenses for freshwater and saltwater fishing, shellfish/seaweed (which includes crab), combination fishing and shellfish, andDSCF5156 copy razor clams. Be sure to also obtain your free copy of the “Fishing in Washington Sport Fishing Rules” pamphlet where you buy your license, or find it online.