Shore Steward News
Check out the latest edition of Shore Steward News! Click here to become a Shore Steward and have the newsletter delivered directly to you via email. Published 6 times a year.
- Winter Edition – Tides and King Tides
- Holiday edition 2016 – Green Holidays
- Fall 2016 – Evaluating Shoreline Protection Options
- Late summer 2016 – Living with Existing Bulkheads
- Summer 2016 – Online Resources
- Spring 2016 – How Bulkheads Change the Shoreline
- Winter 2016 – Recreational Boating
Archived Newsletters – Courtesy of Island County Extension
Check out the back issues of Shore Steward News.
- Scientists discover new method to harness energy April 17, 2017WSU professor is part of a team that has unraveled the mechanism of a process that could lead to more efficient energy production.Scott Weybright
- Center of Excellence launched for better, safer packaged food April 14, 2017Our favorite packaged foods should also be the healthiest for us. This year, dozens of prepackaged foods, from frozen burritos to turkey salad, were recalled in the United States. Juming Tang, scientist at Washington State University, is doing his part to help make packaged food safer, while using fewer preservatives. In March, Tang launched the […]Seth Truscott
- Cider industry gains WSU Extension ally April 3, 2017WSU is helping bolster the surging hard cider industry with the hiring of Bri Ewing as a food and fermentation specialist at the Mount Vernon R&E Center.Scott Weybright
- Pink snow mold destruction discovered in area wheat fields March 28, 2017Damage caused by snow mold in some eastern Washington wheat fields has surprised a WSU plant expert who has studied the fungus for nearly four decades.Scott Weybright
- Gardens that help families: Master Gardeners honor Lowe’s volunteers March 14, 2017PASCO, Wash. – Staff from the Pasco Lowe’s store built and installed nearly 100 community garden beds to help feed local families, and the Master Gardeners of Benton and Franklin counties recently saluted their efforts with the 2016 Volunteer of the Year award. More than 45 Lowe’s Heroes volunteers contributed time, funds and supplies to […]Seth Truscott