Skip to main content Skip to navigation

Resources in Your County

Skagit County


Skagit County WSU Extension: (360) 428-4270


Skagit Conservation District: (360) 428-4313


Skagit County Environmental Public Health


Skagit County Public Works – Natural Resource Management


Skagit County Planning & Development Services


Salmon Lead Entity


Skagit Watershed Council: 360-419-9326 


Skagit Conservation Education Alliance (SCEA): 360-428-1054


Padilla Bay National Estuarine Research Reserve: 360-428-1558


Skagit County Marine Resources Committee (MRC): 360-416-1400


Friends of Skagit Beaches


Skagit Land Trust: 360-428-7878







Pierce County

Pierce County WSU Extension:  253-798-7180

Pierce Conservation District Shore Friendly Program:  253-845-9770

Tacoma-Pierce County Health District

Pierce County 

Salmon Lead Entities



Native nation contacts


Northwest Indian Fisheries Commission:  Main office: (360) 438-1180

The following contact information is for member of the Northwest Indian Fisheries Commission.

For information on other tribes in Washington State click here.


Jamestown S’Klallam Tribe:  Main phone: (360) 683-1109 Fisheries Office: (360) 683-4624 

Lower Elwha Klallam Tribe:  Main Phone: (360) 452-8471 Natural Resources: (360) 457-4012

Lummi Nation:  Main Phone: (360) 384-1489 Fisheries Office: (360) 384-2267 

Muckleshoot Indian Tribe:  Main Phone: (253) 939-3311 Fisheries Office: (206) 931-0652

Nisqually Indian Tribe:  Main Phone: (360) 456-5221 Natural Resources: (360) 438-8687

Nooksack Indian Tribe:  Main Phone: (360) 592 5176 Natural Resources: (360) 592-2632

Port Gamble S’Klallam Tribe:  Main Phone: (360) 297-2646 Natural Resources: (360) 297-4792

Puyallup Tribe of Indians: Main Phone: (253) 573-7800 Fisheries Office: (253) 845-9225

Sauk-Suiattle Indian Tribe:  Main Phone: (360) 436-0132 Natural Resources: (360) 436-0347 

Skokomish Indian Tribe:  Main Phone: (360) 426-4232 Natural Resources: (360) 877-2110 

Squaxin Island Tribe:  Main Phone: (360) 426-9781 Natural Resource: (360) 432-3802 

Stillaguamish Tribe of Indians:  Main Phone: (360) 652-7362 Natural Resources: (360) 435-2755

Suquamish Tribe:  Main Phone: (360) 598-3311 Natural Resources: (360) 394.8505 

Swinomish Indian Tribal Community:  Main Phone: (360) 466-3163 Fisheries: (360) 466-7313

Tulalip Tribes:  Main Phone: (360) 716-4000 Natural Resources: (360) 716-4480

Upper Skagit Tribe:  Main Phone: (360) 854-7090 (No website)

Mason County


Mason County WSU Extension: 360-427-9670, Ext 680   

Mason Conservation District: 360-427-9436 

Mason County Public Health:  Shelton: (360) 427-9670 ext 400;  Belfair: (360) 275-4467 ext 400; Elma: (360) 482-5269 ext 400

Mason County Stormwater Management:    360-427-9670, Ext 769   Shelton (Hoodsport, Union, Lilliwaup, Matlock)                                        

Mason County Planning:  360-427-9670, Ext 352  (Shoreline Master Plan, shoreline permits, bulkheads, stormwater)


Salmon Lead Entities


Kitsap County


Kitsap County WSU Extension:  360-337-7157


Kitsap Conservation District:  360-337-7171


Kitsap Public Health


Kitsap Department of Community Development

Kitsap County Public Works

Salmon Lead Entities


Jefferson County


Jefferson County WSU Extension:  360-379-5610

Jefferson County Conservation District:  360-385-4105

Jefferson County Environmental Public Health

Jefferson County Community Development


Salmon Lead Entities


Island County


Island County WSU Extension


Conservation Districts


Island County Environmental Public Health


Island County Department of Public Works


Island County Planning and Community Development


Salmon Recovery



General Resources


WSU Washington’s Water:  WSU publications, programs, training, research, and information.

WSU Drought Alert Website:  Up to date information about Washington’s drought.

Oil Spill Reporting  Coast Guard; Best practice is to call both: 
State: 1-800-424-8802 • Federal: 1-800-OILS911


Encyclopedia of Puget Sound:  Habitat classifications for the shorelines of Puget Sound and the Washington coast.

Hood Canal Coordinating Council:  Protecting and enhancing Hood Canal’s environmental and economic health.

Northwest Indian Fisheries Commission:  Supporting treaty Indian tribes in western Washington with information about fisheries, water quality and watershed issues.

Northwest Straits Commission:  Focusing on restoration and protection of waters in the Northwest Straits.

Puget Sound Partnership:  Leading the recovery of Puget Sound.


Washington Conservation Commission

Washington Department of Ecology: Protecting water quality and resources statewide.

Washington Department of Fish and Wildlife: Fishing and shellfishing licensing, wildlife management and conservation.

Washington Department of Health: Overseeing health issues related to drinking water, shellfish and beach safety

Washington Department of Natural Resources:  Managing 2.6 million acres of aquatic lands, balancing public benefits.

Washington Sea Grant:  Providing research, education and outreach on marine issues

Washington State Parks:  Boating safety, training and licensing.

Washington Stormwater Center: Resources for municipalities, businesses, and professionals about stormwater management, research and technologies.


US Environmental Protection Agency: Providing information about water across the nation.


US Geologic Service: Extensive information about Washington’s rivers and streams, ground water, water quality, and more.



Marine Mammal Conservancy – Raises awareness on the negative impact of littering to marine life


Clallam County


Clallam County WSU Extension: 360-417-2279


Clallam Conservation District: (360) 775-3747


Oil Spill Reporting  Coast Guard; Best practice is to call both: 
State: 1-800-424-8802 • Federal: 1-800-OILS911


Clallam County Health & Human Services:

Other County Resources


Salmon Recovery

North Pacific Coast Salmon Lead Entity (WRIA 20) : 360 – 374-4560 

North Olympic Peninsula Lead Entity for Salmon (WRIA 17, 18, 19): (360) 417-2326

North Olympic Salmon Coalition: 360-379-8051